Support with applying for the NHSS
Where a person is unable to make an application for state support due to ill-health, physical disability or diminished mental capacity, a specified person can act on his/her behalf for Steps 1 and 2 of the application process.
A specified person is:
- In the case of a ward of court, their Committee,
- A person appointed under a valid, registered enduring power of attorney who is not restricted from applying for the Scheme,
- A care representative appointed under the Nursing Homes Support Scheme Act,
- A person’s spouse or partner,
- A relative who is 18 years of age or over,
- A next friend appointed by a court,
- A legal representative, or
- A registered medical practitioner, nurse or social worker.